About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Monday, March 7, 2016

50k training: weeks 4 & 5

It's hard to believe that I'm only 5 weeks into this new adventure.

Week 4 was tough. On Friday, I ran the trail by my house twice and oh boy was it hard. My legs were dead going into Saturday's 16 miler. The first few miles went something like this : "this sucks", "why am I doing this?", "a 50k? really Lauren?", "I'm never going to finish this freaking race", "This is never going to happen".

The thing is, I had these SAME exact thoughts the first time I trained for a half and then again a year later when I trained for my first full marathon. The SAME doubts, fears, and worries. Every time I did a long run, I would count the amount of miles left to reach the race distance and I would totally panic.

So I went into week 5 feeling pretty defeated. On Tuesday, I shut my alarm off and went back to sleep. Of course, I now have a treadmill in my basement so after I dropped people off at school and put people down for naps, I put on Fuller House and cried and laughed through 6 miles.

My knee has been barking a little lately so I skipped trails on Friday and has a MUCH better run on Saturday. Getting up at 3:50 a.m. to run 18 miles sucks any way you look at it but I got it done and didn't feel like garbage afterwards.

My husband left today to visit his parents, so this week will be a "Let's Celebrate the Treadmill" week. All I'm going to say is thank goodness for Netflix.



Week 6

4, 4, 4, trails, 20

previous post: Product Review: Flip Belt

No comments:

Post a Comment