About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

so many favorite things

Working from the head down, these are a few of my favorite things...

If you know me at all, you know that other then running (and maybe my children), I love nothing more then a good book. In fact, if I'm not running, there's a good chance I'm reading. Just recently, I read a sci-fi thriller, Sleeping Giants, by Sylvain Neuvel that I finished in one afternoon and when I turned the last page, I looked up and was desperate to tell everyone just how good it was. I'm terrible at reviewing books - I find it difficult to say more then yay or nay. Thankfully, NPR has a great review on their website, which you should read and then head over to Amazon to buy the book. Trust me, it's a good one.

Moving on...

I'm not sure how I found out about puravida bracelets. I think Facebook algorithmed me and decided that I needed a new obsession. Well, they've got my number because I am completely and totally hooked on these bracelets. They lured me in with a Flamingo clutch that I drooled over and passively aggressively posted to my Mother's Facebook wall until she finally said, "what is it with that bag you keep posting about?" She bought it for me for my birthday and I'm in love. Since then, I've bought another clutch, and got three free bracelets. Speaking of their bracelets - they are fabulous. My biggest issue with bracelets is that they never fit right. I have little wrists and can not stand it when a bracelet sits in that space above your wrist bone. These bracelets are easily adjustable so I can find that perfect spot. They have every color imaginable, braided, flat braided, charms, the options seem endless. It's really taking every ounce of self control I have not to buy EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. I'm already planning (scheming) on how I can get myself a membership to their monthly club so I can get new bracelets in the mail and pretend its Christmas twelve times a year. #lifegoals.
picture courtesy of puravida
 Last but not least...

I don't know about you but I'm a big fan of leggings. I like to sit cross legged without my thighs feeling like their going to explode out of my pants. I tend to stick to basic black because most patterned leggings are for juniors and not attractive on my ample bottom half. Then, I discovered LuLaRue. It was purely by accident. Brenda, a high school friend, became a rep and instead of flooding my newsfeed with buy this or buy that, she simply posted pictures of herself wearing the leggings and living life. She looked so cute and so stinking comfortable, I had to be in the loop. I joined her Facebook group, LuLaRue VIP Closet, and was surprised by the number of people in the group. So many women, so many women in love with LuLaRue. It wasn't until I won a pair in a giveaway that I truly understood. These leggings are soooo soft. and soooo comfortable. Mine are a pattern in a soft pink color. I can't wait for the weather in Northern GA to turn cooler so I can wear them out into the world.

If you like to see what all the fuss is about, head over to Brenda's Facebook Group, https://www.facebook.com/groups/LuLaRoeBrendaLavan/?__mref=message_bubble, and check it out. She often offers giveaways and is having a pop up party tomorrow, Wednesday, August 3rd. You can email her, Brendalavan@gmail.comwith any questions. 


how cute are these? photo courtesy of LuLaRue

No comments:

Post a Comment