About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Friday, February 3, 2012

one foot in the grave

My left shin hurts. My left heel hurts. When I start my run I look like an old man who can't bend his knees. I'm only 30. Today I feel like I'm 80. 

All of this achy pain and the latest edition of Runner's World reminds me that just running isn't enough. I need to cross train. I need to do some other form of exercise that's not running. Easier said then done. I live in a 2 runner household which means we both have to find time to run without giving child protective services a reason to haul us to the clink. On days I don't run I sleep in. I know, I know. I should get up early and do yoga or some other workout while Seth is out running. I just can't do it. I love my bed. It's so comfy with that pillow top and down comforter. After the kids are in bed the only thing I want to do is veg out on the couch. I can't even bring myself to do a 10 minute ab video. If I could roll my eyes at myself, I would. 

I'm hurting because I've been pushing myself to run faster then I've run in a long time. This old lady can't handle the speed. I need to take my own advice (that I so willingly share with everyone else) and have an "easy" day. A run where I don't take my Garmin and pay attention to what my body is telling me. Right now, as I sit on my couch typing this, I'm hearing my body say "are you really going to get up early and run 9 miles tomorrow? Really Lauren? Really?" Poo on you lower half of my body. Get those ice packs ready because this old lady is going running!         


No comments:

Post a Comment