About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

the one where I complain

This is not my first rodeo.

You would think after training for four marathons I would know what to expect. You would think that I would be used to having my alarm clock go off at 5 a.m. and that the miles would be easy.

Mmmmm not so much.

I'm exhausted. 29 miles this week and I feel like I could sleep for a month.

It's the stinking mid-week pace run that gets me EVERY time. A 6, 7, or 8 mile run sandwiched between 2 four mile runs is exhausting. By the time Thursday rolled around, I was curling up on my couch fighting to keep my eyes open.

I'm tired. Yeah, that's pretty much a state of constant being these days.

It doesn't help that I did something to my right shoulder and now its all wonky and painful. I didn't fall, I didn't bang it, I haven't been in a car accident. I just woke up one morning in pain. I hurt it in my sleep. In my sleep. How lame is that? If it doesn't get better soon I'm going to have to either get a massage or go see a Dr. Or both. It doesn't hurt while I run though, so there's that.

I'm not actually as cranky as I might sound. A good night sleep will cure what ails me. And maybe a new song or two for my running playlist.


No comments:

Post a Comment