I want to be like her so I'm doing it too.
So here it is: 8 things you might not know about me.
1. I used to roller blade all over my neighborhood as a kid. I fancied myself a long track speed skater/figure skater extraordinaire.
|mine were not pink.|
2. I am obsessed with the Olympics. Summer, Winter - it doesn't matter. I will watch any sport, at any time. Well, except for handball. Don't get me started on handball.
3. I have ulcerative colitis. Basically, the lower part of my colon hates life and becomes inflamed and swollen. Thankfully, I can control my flare ups with diet and medication.
4. White Christmas is one of my most favorite movies of all time. And not just at Christmas time. I know the whole thing by heart, including songs & choreography. I'm pretty confident that Bing Crosby would have had to get a restraining order against me.
5. I am a cat person. When I was born, my parents already had Fiesty, who used to guard me when I laying on the floor. For my 8th birthday, my Aunt gave me Oreo. I would hold him in my arms like a baby and sing to him. He died 3 months before I got married and I'm convinced he held on for as long as he did because he was worried about me. I still miss him.
6. I still sleep with a stuffed rabbit. My daughter asks for her sometimes when she's upset at night and then I can't sleep.
7. I stop at the halfway point during a run to take a breather. It started when I first started running when I thought I would die if I didn't take a break. Now, I just do it out of habit.
8. I never wear makeup. I can count on one hand the number of times I have; one of those being my wedding day. When I was old enough to start wearing lipstick, my Dad told me if I did my lips would turn white. I believed him and here we are.