About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Friday, January 2, 2015

another year....



2014 was an incredible year.

In March, we welcomed Baby G into our family. I could have never imagined what a blessing he would be. He brings nothing but joy, happiness, and smiles to everyone he meets.

About 7 weeks later, I started running again. Staying active throughout my pregnancy was the smartest thing I could have ever done and made getting back out there SO much easier.

In April, I ran 15 miles. In May, 81. October was highest month with a whopping 129.3 miles.

I'm pretty impressed with myself.




My total mileage for 2014 is around 850 miles. Not too shabby for a lady who just had a baby.

I ran in 4 races this year, including my 6th marathon, where I was blessed to cross the finish line with my running partner.

This year, more then any other, running has served as a touchstone of sorts. A reminder of who I am despite the diapers, sleepless nights, spelling tests, and laundry. I have running goals; goals that I'm working towards even while parenting three of the most fabulous, yet equally exhausting, children.  

So basically 2014 was awesome and 2015 is shaping up to be pretty great. I've already signed up for two more marathons with my eye on a third in the Fall. At this rate, I'm going to need a new medal rack. Oh, and maybe a part-time job to pay for race entries.

I'm not going to promise that I'm going to be diligent about blogging regularly but I am going to try. I am thankful for those who encourage me to write about and record this crazy journey I've embarked on and for those who take the time to read about it. I am praying for a happy and healthy New Year for us all.

Bring it on 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment