About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Sunday, August 16, 2015

marathon training update

Hey there stranger!

It's been awhile, I know.

After our 6 week trip roaming the Eastern seaboard, I was a little... well... a little of everything... happy. tired. You know how it goes.

Anyhoo.

School has started, bringing a whole new level of crazy to my life.


This SuperHero has started full day preK, taking her spidey sense and web slinger with her. Not to mention her forward fashion sense.

Not only have I been left to fend for myself against evildoers, but now I have lots of people who need to be lots of different places at pretty much the same time. Oh! and I can only fit like three of them in my car.

These types of logistical situations are what my nightmares are made of. My anxiety goes through the roof and the only thing that can bring it down is wonderful people agreeing to help me and (of course) running.

Speaking of which... I just finished week 7 of marathon training.

Considering it has been hotter then an oven and more humid then a freaking sauna - training has been  going very well. I haven't missed any runs and actually have been adding a few extra miles here and there. My #100milesinamonthstreak is still going strong.

I have my moments where I can't stand the idea of getting up and putting in a bunch of miles before the sun comes up but I'm pretty good at ignoring that voice. Having a running partner who I hate to disappoint helps. She gets up before I do, so I would feel terribly guilty chickening out on a run when she's already up and dressed.

The mileage is starting to add up and race day will be here before I know it. I'm playing around with some ideas about what I want to do next year... as soon as I get that figured that out you'll be the first to know :)


previous postan open letter to dog owners everywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment