About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Friday, April 19, 2013

I got my kids to eat carrots.


My non vegetable eating children ate carrots.

No, it's not a miracle. I didn't even have to bribe them. I simply pureed some carrots and mixed it into my homemade macaroni & cheese. They cleaned their plates.

I stole the recipe from my Mother in Law and it is truly the best homemade mac n' cheese I have ever had. I will share it with you because I am kind.

Mom P's Mac n' Cheese
1 16oz. box of pasta (I let the kids pick which shape they want)
12 slices of american cheese
liberal amount of shredded cheese - cheddar, mozzarella
milk - salt - pepper - seasoned salt

Cook the pasta. Drain. Put 1/2 into 13x9 pan. I pureed 2 carrots with a few tsp of water and mixed half of the mixture into the pasta in the dish. Add salt/pepper to taste. Top with 6 slices of cheese and shredded cheese. I put the remaining pasta in a bowl with the pureed carrots and mixed before placing in the dish. Repeat with pasta and cheese. Pour milk over entire casserole (will look slightly soupy). Bake at 375 for 30-45 minutes.  

I have delusions that I can try this with broccoli. Keep your fingers crossed.


No comments:

Post a Comment