About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Friday, August 16, 2013

it can only go up from here

Today has been one of the most stressful days I've had in a long time.

This morning, in the pouring rain, I took my son to his first day of kindergarten. Last night he gave me a teary, neck crushing hug, song and dance about how he didn't want to go. He wanted to go to American Ninja Warrior and climb the Salmon Ladder and not fall in the water.  I sighed, kissed his forehead, and told him he has to go to school before he can be on American Ninja Warrior.

I think the excitement of a new lunch box and new shoes pacified him because, this morning, he sat right down in his little chair and obliged me with one last kiss with no fuss. I didn't even have time to be sad after I left him because it took me 20 minutes of wandering in the pouring rain before I could find my husband and be rescued from ankle deep water. I think the police officers directing traffic were starting to get suspicious.

And the drama continues....

Yesterday afternoon my daughter hurt her leg. She won't put any pressure or weight on it. I was sure she would be fine when she woke up this morning - she wasn't. After a consult with her doctor's office, we headed to the walk-in clinic so she could get an x-ray. She was not pleased. There was a lot of screaming and comments like "boy, she's strong." I bribed her with everything I could think of including but not limited to two packages of Curious George fruit snacks, a Curious George movie, chocolate milk, and lollipops. She complied to a point and everything looked normal, so we're at home watching lots of television and resting on the couch.

per E a blankie must be covering her leg at all times
 
And if that wasn't enough...

There's water in my basement. Apparently, there is a pin sized hole in the basement wall that's leaking. Leaking enough to be noticeable. Leaking enough to be annoying.

You should be able to quit and reset a day like you can reset a video game. That would be so awesome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment