About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Paris and Taper Madness

I'm back.

Paris was AMAZING.

The history, the food, the churches, the museums, the food. The food. Did I mention how good the food was? Each meal was better then the last and the bread.... oh the bread. The pastries.... there are no words.

If you ever have the chance to go... GO! If you don't get a chance, go anyway. One eclair and a trip to Versailles will make it all worth it.

There was no running in Paris. Well, there were people running but I was not one of them. Instead, my husband and I walked all over the city; taking in magnificent churches, looking at priceless pieces of art, and eating marvelous food.

I came home to two children who only missed me a tiny bit as they had spent the week being doted on by their great-grandmother and grandmother. I also came home with a bruised heel that made the 15 miles I needed to run this week particularly painful. I was doing the marathon shuffle for the first mile or so of each run - not pretty. I'm hoping a day of rest and some ice will do the trick.

Saturday is my last long run before the taper starts. Then I have about three weeks where I decrease my mileage, start twitching and itching in my skin, and have anxiety dreams about running. Oh the joys of marathon running. To be honest though, I am actually looking forward to it. Bring on the taper madness... I'm coming for you Knoxville!

No comments:

Post a Comment