About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

injuries are lame.

I have a sore hamstring.

Sore enough to make me cut down my mileage this week. Sore enough to make my ice pack my new best friend.

Thankfully, I have been injury free most of my running life. I've had shin splints and unhappy knees but nothing that has kept me sidelined for long periods of time. I hope the trend continues but I'm not holding my breath. Let's face it: I'm getting older. 8 years of road running have made the creaks and the groans a little louder.

More and more, I am realizing the importance of strength and cross training. I need to keep my whole body, not just the muscles I use to run, fit and healthy. I need to start doing yoga again. I need to stretch. I never stretch. Terrible but true. After my morning runs, all I want to do is take a shower and climb back into bed.

This morning's 4 mile run was almost pain free. I'm hoping that a few more easy miles and more quality time with the ice pack will do the trick. Sore Hamstring? Ain't nobody got time for that!        

No comments:

Post a Comment