About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

outside fun with the munchkins

School is out, the kids are home, and we're potty training. That can only mean one thing: we are outside ALL DAY LONG.

I thought I would share with you the few things that are keeping me sane (and comfortably seated) while my children (5 and 2 1/2 years old) get their play on.

First up is the batting tee.


 If you have a child that plays, loves, likes, dreams about baseball you need this tee. Before this tee arrived in my home I had to pitch to my children. Not that that is a bad thing. I love spending time with my kids but throwing pitch after pitch after pitch in the blazing sun is torture. Kudos to anyone that does that regularly. Now, my kids play together (!) and I get to cheer them on from the comfort of my chair. Everyone wins.
 Next up is an old childhood favorite: bubbles. Not only do they make bubbles but you can get messy which is always a plus. I keep a dishtowel nearby for little girls with soapy hands that need to be wiped. Unfortunately, bubble playtime never lasts long but it is fun while it lasts.
 The basketball hoop went up a few days ago and it has been a great way for us to play together as a family. We play a version of HORSE but we call it PIG and for my 2 1/2 year old it's PIGLET. My husband trash talks and my son celebrates every shot. Good times.


This water table is the best $30 I've spent in a long time. They throw things into the table, use the hose (under my watchful eye), float boats, and generally entertain themselves. I debated about getting a more expensive one laden with bells and whistles but in the end simple and cheaper was definitely the way to go.  
I have no delusions that these activities will keep them busy all summer but for now, until the temperature becomes unbearable, I am one happy Mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment