About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Runner's World Classic Log is shutting down and I'm freaking out

I have a serious first world problem.




I have been using this running log since 2009. That's SIX YEARS of running data. Races. Shoes, Post baby comebacks. Basically, my entire running career exists on this log.

AND IT'S SHUTTING DOWN.

I don't even know what to do with myself.

I hate change.

But unless the internet rises up, May 11th will be a dark day, and on May 12th, I will need somewhere else to log my runs.

Right now, I have three options.

1. Training Peaks. Last year, in a moment on insanity I imported my data to this log. You can read about my reaction here. Needless, to say it was not positive. Now, that I have no choice and have to use another log, I'm going to try it again. Some very nice. kind people on Twitter have reached out and made offers to help me sort through everything and figure things out. Poor people. They have no idea what they're getting themselves into.

2. Map My Run. I have the app on my phone and have started logging runs starting from January 2015 but I'm not a fan. First of all, I don't run with my phone so a lot of the features are useless. Secondly, I know we live in a world where everyone tells everyone everything but no I DO NOT want you to post to Facebook for me thank you very much. I can assure you no one cares about how many miles I run in a week or how fast I run them.

3. Old school paper log. My only issue with this is the math. I would spend way too much time trying to figure out totals when the distances are wacky. But considering this is now the second online log that has shut down on me since I started running (I used Nike's log before they got started with all that sensor on the shoe nonsense) this might be the direction I'm headed.

sigh.

Have I told you how much I hate change?

previous post: Race Report: Chick-fil-A Half Marathon

2 comments:

  1. I don't really need anything fancy to log my miles and used Map My Run for years. Really, I just uploaded my Garmin data there so that I could look at it over the years. I recently converted to using Strava and I really like it! It allows you to connect with friends and offers some cool features. Just wanted to throw another option out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks I'll look into it! My biggest problem is that the classic log was so perfect for me that I hate everything else lol

    ReplyDelete