About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Friday, December 30, 2011

liar, liar pants on fire

This blog has turned me into a liar. I haven't ran with the kids in weeks and I haven't been running slowly. In fact, since the NYC marathon, I've been blowing my watch up; running under 10 min miles (that's fast for this girl) and feeling like a rockstar. I'm in love with running again.

Seth and I started training for the Seneca 1/2 marathon this week. We're not actually going to run it together though. I think he wants to finish in under 2 hours. That's just crazy talk. If I finish in under 2:10 I will leap for joy. The race is on St. Patrick's Day and I've already decided that I'm rocking a jiggly shamrock headband in honor of my best friend and favorite Irishwoman, Becca.

Halfs are fun. I think everyone should do one. They're not as stressful as a full and you can still get a cool magnet for your car. It takes less time to train and the glory factor is still high. When I decided to get serious about long distance running, it was the half marathon distance that gave me the confidence to tackle a full.

With the New Year only a day or two away, its natural to start thinking about resolutions and changes you want to make in your life. I know I need to eat better. I also want to stop taking running for granted. I want to enjoy each run for the gift that it is. Running can be tiring, frustrating, sometimes gross, exhilarating, and challenging and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am a runner. woohoo!   

If you have ever wanted to start running: NOW is the time. Lace up your sneakers and get out there. Start off slow. Walk to the corner one day and the next day jog to the corner and walk back. Everyone has to start off somewhere. If you start now you could be in shape to run the Hartwell Dam 10k with me in May! Just throwing it out there.

Happy New Year and God Bless! See you in 2012.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment