About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"all I do is win, win, win, no matter what"

Life with 4 kids during the day has been strangely uneventful. Everyone is getting fed, put in clothes by at least 9:30, and playing with age appropriate toys. I haven't had to use the television as a diversionary tactic yet so I'm chalking that up as a win. I somehow manage to find time to clean my house; of course, I only do one cleaning chore a day so that helps. Today was clean the hallway bathroom day. I cheated a little bit by not doing the floor but I figure I'll scrub it with twice as much vigor next week.

Yesterday was my first venture into the big, bad world with 3 kids. No one perished in the attempt so that's another win. We weren't late either which was a huge relief for me. I loathe being late. In fact, just thinking that I could be late makes me sweat and not in the good "I just exercised" kind of way. Before I had children, I was always at least 15 minutes early. Waiting doesn't bother me. Just knowing that I am where I am supposed to be when I'm supposed to be there makes me happy. Now, with kids, I'm just on time. Those little legs don't cover enough ground fast enough to allow us to be early. Although, when it's just W and I, we run from the car to wherever we're going (he thinks it's a game and I'm not going to dispel that notion).
Once, I tried to run holding his hand while carrying E, but I almost dropped her so now we kind of shuffle when we're on the go.

Motherhood pushes my boundaries. It constantly forces me to redefine who I am and what I'm capable of. I'm not ashamed to admit that I was extremely nervous about our trip out of the house. I'm obsessed with logistics. I had no idea how it was going to work between feedings, naps, and travel arrangements. When Seth told me that he could not come home and help, I wanted to cry. In the end, though, I'm glad that I had to deal with it on my own. Other then practically catapulting W headfirst into his seat, it went smoothly. I learned that any situation can be handled when I'm calm and somewhat ready to handle the possibility of being late. It helped that I got to drive Baby K's Dad's new car. It has a back up camera; that was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment