About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

the one where I run to escape the pee

It's been awhile. We're still potty training and dragging the Lighting McQueen potty with us wherever we go. People are still trying not to stare as he sits in the trunk and I've had to delete many a picture from Facebook because W is not wearing any pants. My mother assures me that I will look back at this time of my life and laugh. Ironically, after only a few days of staying with us she looked at me and told me she was tired of this whole "potty business". Oh Mother, you have no idea. I'm super excited about the 10+ hour trips we're embarking on this summer. That should be a blast. I think I'm going to keep track of how many states we stop to pee in.

 On top of the potty training shenanigans, my daughter has decided that she CANNOT live without me. "MOMMY!" is a constant refrain heard in our household. I think if she could find a way to become surgically attached to me and her blankies she would. When she's all cute and snuggly, it is wonderful. When she's screaming and crying, (she is not a pretty crier. Another trait she inherited from her mother.) it makes me want to flee the room. She's also fresh. I tried to get a video of her in full on fresh mode so that people would see that I can't make this stuff up (because I know that's what you think. I know you think that there is no way that beautiful blond haired, blue eyed child could be anything less then perfect.) but my camera died. So now you only have my word.  

Thankfully, I've been able to escape potty central and the Fresh Princess of Georgia to run. What do other people do to relieve stress? Drink? Gamble? I think I would probably be a compulsive shopper on the road to Hoardersville if I didn't run. Not only am I running but I've been happily running. Each run is a new chance to push myself a little further or an opportunity to clear my head. Heading into the summer, I have plans to trail run once a week with a dear friend. This same dear friend is single handily attempting to turn this road runner into a trail runner in time for a 15k in August. Who knows? She might even be successful.

Are you running? If not, why not? What's holding you back? Work? Children? Weight? Take a half an hour a day or every other day and walk. Get out there. It is worth it, I promise.    



2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love, love, love reading your blogs! If I did not run, I would definitely be a compulsive eater in a constant state of depression! So, thankfully running has become my passion and changed my life and happily the lives of my children and husband as well!

    Thanks for blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your encouraging words and for reading about my crazy life :)
    I love how running can bring people together... it is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete