About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

the one where I run quick like a bunny

This morning, I ran 12 miles in 1:57. Let's put this in perspective. Less then a year ago I was running 10 miles in about 2 hours. So, in the time that it used to take me to run 10 miles, I am now running 12. Well on my way to running a 2:10 half marathon (which is one of my goals for this year). I'm not going to break any records or win any races, but gosh darn it, I am pretty freaking pleased with myself.

This did not happen overnight. 4 mornings a week, I get up and choose to go running. 4 mornings a week, I choose to go running and to make it worth the effort. Running is hard and it doesn't get any easier but it is worth it. Especially, when I have mornings like today - mornings where I exceed my own expectations.

It is amazing what we can accomplish when we want something bad enough. When we are willing to put the time and the effort in. Running is important to me, being the best runner I can be is important to me. This morning was as good as it gets. Raise your glass of chocolate milk with me, people, and celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment