About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

the one where I possibly jinx myself by switching shoe brands

I made a life changing decision the other day. After 10 years of wearing the same type of running sneaker, I switched to a new brand. *gasp*. I'm not really sure how that happened. I walked into Second Sole with the intention of walking out with a new pair of the Asics GT series. Somehow, I left with a pair of New Balance 860's.

There was a lot of jogging around the store, which if you've never done it, is very odd. I'm not a pretty runner when I'm wearing street clothes. It is also weird to jog in a store when other people are watching you. I never know what I'm supposed to say or even what I'm supposed to feel. "Oh yeah, I can totally feel that extra stability in the heel", or "Oooo, such a roomy toe box". It's like when you're at the eye doctor and they ask you which image is more blurry. I always lie and just say the left, with an occasional right, thrown in there for good measure.  

Picking out my new sneakers wasn't as much as a crap shoot as my eyes exams are, but it was still a little nerve wracking. I don't like change but every once in awhile you need to mix it up. This, people, is me living dangerously.

No comments:

Post a Comment