About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Saturday, December 20, 2014

the quest continues

On Thursday morning, I signed up for another marathon.

"Dear Lauren,
Congratulations! You are now registered for Callaway Gardens Marathon."
That, in of itself, is not surprising.  

What is surprising is that this particular marathon is in about 5 weeks. 

dude.

5 weeks. 

craziness.

The reality is that if I want to be an awesome Fifty State Marathon person, I need to start doing crazy things like running marathons 5 weeks apart and running 3 marathons in a year.

So on January 25th, I'll be running in the Callaway Gardens Marathon and knocking another state off my list. 

Since this is a whole new level of insanity for me, I don't really know what I'm doing in terms of training. I'm using Hal Higdon's 4 week multiple marathon training schedule and repeating one of the middle weeks for the 5th week. 

I'm adding another day of running, going from 4 days to 5 and hoping that I don't fall down into a tired, whiny, crying mess. I probably will cry at some point but that's ok - if running a whole bunch of marathons was easy everyone would do it.    

I'm nervous. I'm excited. and I'm already tired. This is going to be awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment