About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Monday, February 9, 2015

all the food

There are four weeks left before my next marathon.

Last night, I had a pre-race anxiety dream.

Basically, I forgot my shoes at home and then couldn't figure out where the start line was. As I saw a large group of runners in the distance, a man collapsed on the bus I was on and as the bus was pulling over, I was screaming "NO! NO! I'M GOING TO BE LATE FOR MY RACE!" Quite the compassionate person I am, huh?

I woke up with that horrible knot in your stomach feeling and a strong desire to make sure my running sneakers were by the front door.

Overall, training has gone well. I took a much needed week off after the Callaway Gardens Marathon and started with a low mileage week. I've cobbled together two of Hal's training schedules and it seems to be getting the job done. I do think, however, that I want to increase my longest run to 18 miles as opposed to the 16 that I did for the last race. It wasn't that I felt unprepared but I think it will give me an extra boost of confidence.

I am suffering, unfortunately, from a very bad case of the rungryies. Or is it the rungries? Either way, all this running has me hungry. Very hungry. ALL THE TIME. I've been daydreaming about Thanksgiving meals. I want tacos. and pancakes. and an egg and cheese sandwich on a roll. with bacon. a chocolate milkshake. a DQ blizzard. The list goes on and on and on and on. I want ALL THE FOOD.

Marathon training is not a good time to watch your waistline.    

previous post: a maniac in the making

No comments:

Post a Comment