About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012...

For the last few days, I've been writing and re-writing my end of the year, New Year, running review post in my head. I've been stalking fitness blogs on Twitter trying to find some inspiration.

I'm not sure what I want to say. How can I sum up a year that was completely beyond my wildest expectations?

Anyone who reads this blog regularly, even semi-regularly, knows I've had a fabulous running year. For the most part, I've been injury free. I've been blessed with a husband who lets me train and then drives me 8 hours so that I can PR in a marathon. I exceeded my own expectations and PR'd in a half marathon. I ran my first trail race and didn't kill myself. I'm faster now, at 31, then I have ever been before. My children are very aware that their Mommy runs (a lot) and they believe this is normal.

There are a few things I would like to accomplish in 2013. Two marathons, a 10k in under an hour, and more training on trails. I would like to strength train atleast twice a week and somehow make it back to yoga.

I also want to leave some things behind. Half of the drama that plays out in the recesses of my brain are a direct result of pintrest, facebook, and twitter. I compare myself to others and lay a ridiculous amount of unneeded guilt upon myself. I'm stealing an idea from a fellow blogger, Courtney, and instituting No Technology Thursdays. It probably won't go well but atleast my heart is in the right place.

I want/need to be a better friend to those who I love. Many of the people that are closest to my heart live the furtherst away. As the wise Baz Luhrmann once said, "Understand that friends come and go, but for the precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young."

I'm excited about what this new year will hold. Some things will be changing (my baby is going to kindergarten in the fall!) and some things will stay the same.  I thank you for joining me on this journey. Let's see how many miles we can rack up in the new year and how we can change our lives.

Check ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment