About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

the one where I struggle with elevation charts and geography


Tuesday marked the first day of my training for the Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon.

I know what you're thinking. "Um, Lauren. Didn't you just run a marathon?"

Why, yes dear reader, I DID just run a marathon. Less then a month ago actually.

It all happened quite quickly. One minute I'm looking at the elevation chart for the Kings Mountain Marathon and the next thing I know I'm laughing uncontrollably. Not a happy, deep belly, laugh - more like a nervous, "oh snot what did I get myself into" kind of laugh. I showed Seth the chart and his response was immediately "no".

The next thing I know I'm asking Seth what state "is on top of us" and frantically searching marathon databases. Up popped Knoxville and 15 minutes later I was registered. It's all kind of a blur.

I've made the outrageous declaration that I want to run 2 marathons next year. My long term goal is to join the 50 States Marathon Club and you need 10 states to get in. I have 6 to go. JUST TO JOIN.

I'm warning you all now - depending on where you live - I might need to crash on your couch for a night. I have a lot of states to visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment