About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Product Review: graze

Last week I came clean about my addiction to sugar

The tipping point was when I read this blog post by Mommy Run Faster about overcoming sugar cravings. Each new tip was a smack to the forehead. 1. Drink more water. You would think as a runner I would have this one down. Mmmm not so much. I went one day a few weeks ago without drinking anything. Nothing. All day. 2. Identify your triggers. I struggle the most in the mid afternoon when I'm cleaning up from lunch or after putting the kids down for nap, I find myself going through the pantry and the fridge looking for something sweet.

I decided enough was enough. It's not so much the actual eating that bothers me as much as my lack of self control. I was shoving the cookies down so fast that I wasn't even enjoying them. Not cool.

I had to come up with a plan. More Water. More fresh fruit. Healthier snacks. This is where graze comes in.

graze is this awesome web based company that creates a box of healthy snacks, in sensible portions, and mails them to you. For $5 a box you get these great tasting, healthy, sugar craving quencher snacks and the best part? A lot of the snacks come with chocolate! Just tonight, my husband and I shared a snack of white chocolate, amaretti drops, almond slices, and coconut. It was as good as it sounds.    

Of course, graze is not the solution to my problem but it is one resource that I can use to conquer this pesky little sweet tooth of mine.

Currently, graze is by invite only (ooo so exclusive!) and I have 1 invitation code. If you are interested in trying it out, leave me a comment below and I will give you the code. First come, first serve.

*I have not been compensated for this post and all views expressed are my own.

5 comments:

  1. PLEAAAAAAASSSSSE I am desperately trying to get a working US code for weeks now :( do you still have it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do. Would you be able to direct message me on Twitter? If not, give me your email and I'll send it right along.

      Delete
  2. That sounds interesting. I have been mostly turning to dates when I want something sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good thing, Lauren! And I definitely have a sweet tooth, too!

    ReplyDelete