About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Saturday, October 5, 2013

friends that run together, stay together

Today was my last long run, 12 miles, before the Cincinnati 1/2 on October 19th. 

My husband was racing in a local 5k, so I had to get myself out of bed nice and early to get my miles in before he had to leave.

"Why hello 4:48am, aren't you dark and a little scary"?

I've been re-reading Harry Potter and at one point, while looking over a misty field, I was half convinced I could see a werewolf bounding towards me. My fastest miles were probably the ones where I was the most scared.   

This was the first solo long run I've done in awhile. The miles take a little longer to tick by and there's a lot more inner dialogue that can make your mind go all funky (cue misty field/werewolf thoughts). Overall, however, it was a good run and comforting to know that despite the step backs, I am and will be capable of finishing the race. 

I get to run this race with two incredible ladies: my best friend and my college roommate. Distance keeps us apart but running is bringing us back together. I expect there will be lots of laughter and even some tears. Totally worth the 18 hr round trip in one weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=537672929627722&set=pb.364664696928547.-2207520000.1380988930.&type=3&theater
thankfully they get it.

Have you been able to share your love of running with your close friends? Have you been able to race with friends?

1 comment:

  1. Racing with friends is the best! I haven't gotten to run with friends lately. I miss it!

    ReplyDelete