About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Running (or not) @ 30 weeks pregnant

I haven't run, really run, in weeks. Frustration and sadness have given way to acceptance and now I'm just trying to stay as active as I can within walking distance to a bathroom.

That means that I've been spending a lot of time at the gym; working up a sweat on the elliptical and treadmill.
I never look this happy

It is SO BORING.  SO VERY VERY BORING.

If there weren't televisions where I can watch Mike & Mike in the Morning (later dazzling my husband with all my sports knowledge), or Kelly & Michael, or (my personal favorite) Wendy Williams, I don't know what I would do. I can run for hours at a time and experience many things - but never boredom. Put me on an elliptical for more then 20 minutes, and its torture just to keep going.

I give you gym rats a lot of credit.

I will say this though - staying active while pregnant has been one of the smartest things I have done in a long time. I have had little to no swelling. Ankles are fabulous things. Other than a very unfortunate encounter with an avocado - I've had only two or three incidents of heartburn. I may feel huge and the scale may reflect that, but it really is all baby. I've been sleeping well - per my new Jawbone Up (product review forthcoming), I actually had more deep sleep last night then light sleep.

Granted, I'm pretty useless for the rest of the day after a workout, but you can't win them all. 

My daughter showed up early at 38 weeks, so we could be seeing this baby sooner rather then later. Hopefully, I'll be at home and not on the treadmill when that happens

1 comment:

  1. At least you’re staying active, actual running at 30 weeks was starting to get uncomfortable for me. And I agree, one of the best things I ever did because it made me feel good even though I was huge!

    ReplyDelete