About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

26.2 Training: Week 2

I'm sorry this is a little late. I was feeling particularly lazy after Saturday's long run that took place in a billion percent humidity and I've been reading a string of good books recently so I got distracted.

A good book can do that.

Anyhoo, week 2 went well. I bumped, or should I say ran into, my running partner on Tuesday so that was a nice surprise. Wednesday's run was hot as was the rest of my runs last week. I would literally give a toe not to have to run in the heat. I just keep telling myself I am going to be super fast when the weather cools down and I am SO thankful this marathon is in December.

Week 3 is a step down week. I LOVE step down weeks with a passion that is borderline scary. There is nothing that can lift you out of a marathon training fog like a step down week. My rookie marathon training buddy showed some signs of disappointment when she realized we were only running 6 miles for our long run this week. Just wait, I told her. Just wait and you will fall in love with step down weeks too.

Week 3
Monday: 3 mi
Wednesday: 5 mi
Thursday:3 mi
Saturday: 6 mi

Want more?  Week 1 Recap

1 comment:

  1. Step down weeks are difficult, but worth it in the long run. I'm facing 13 miles this weekend, and wish it was a step down week LOL!

    ReplyDelete