About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Saturday, August 9, 2014

still here, still running

About a week after my last post, I packed up my car and left with my family for a 6 week, multi-state trip.

2,500 miles. In a car with three kids. I can now recite the Lego Movie by heart. Granted, I don't actually know what any of the characters look like because the DVD players are in the backseat but I got the dialogue on lockdown.

Did I mention the AC broke about three hours into leg #5? And then was supposedly fixed only to break again during the 14 hour trip back home? "Everything is awesome..." NOT.

*deep breath*

Despite the sweat and stress, we had a wonderful time. Any time spent with family is time well spent.

Somehow, among the merriment and pie eating, and bagel inhaling, and stuffing my face with pizza, I managed to run 156 miles. Including one 4 mile race to celebrate my 33rd birthday and our traditional lighthouse run with my husband.

Running is awesome.

Eating all my favorite things carb is awesome.

Being home, showering in my own shower, sleeping in my own bed, and wearing elastic pants because of said carb things is awesome.

Perhaps it's time to add a new movie to our repertoire.

1 comment:

  1. Awww! I love that despite the setbacks you had, your family trip still proved to be a lot of fun. I'm sure it was frustrating to have your AC break down, but kudos to you for looking on the bright side! Thanks for sharing that! All the best to you! :)

    Shelley Coday @ C & C Heating & Air Conditioning

    ReplyDelete