About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Thursday, April 16, 2015

napping: it's what all the cool kids are doing

I have a new favorite thing.

Naps.


I've always been a big fan of sleep. I was definitely one of those teenagers that slept until noon on Saturdays. When we were first married, my husband would lurk in the doorway, waiting for me to get up. I'm pretty sure I threw a pillow at him and told him to leave me alone.

It wasn't until I had kids that I fully appreciated the wonderfulness that is a full night's sleep. I pumped exclusively for my first two children - every 4 hours, AROUND THE CLOCK, for months. I was a walking zombie. It was ugly. 

With our third child, we used formula and it was a whole new world. *cue Disney music*

Splitting up the feedings with my husband, I was sleeping 4 or 5 hours at a time. I was deliriously happy.

And now, 13 months later, I have a wonderful baby that still naps twice a day.     

so true so very true

Which means I get to nap!

Since I started this little experiment of napping for an hour or so in the mornings while the girls are at school, I've noticed a few changes. For one, I've been sleeping better at night; less tossing and turning and I've been falling asleep faster. I'm also less cranky in the late afternoon/early evening hours which in our house is the witching hour. Cranky Mommy + cranky kids = chaos and pandemonium. Rested Mommy + cranky kids = much less chaos and no screaming.

Everyone wins when Mommy naps.

previous post: feet only Ryan Gosling could love

No comments:

Post a Comment