About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Monday, April 27, 2015

it takes a village

On Friday morning, my family & I are traveling from Georgia to Pennsylvania.

On Saturday, we're going to a family wedding.

From the wedding, we're heading to Ohio to stay at my in-laws and the next morning driving to Pittsburgh so that I can run my 8th marathon. 

As with most things, when I planned this little excursion, I didn't really think it through.

The conversation with my husband went something like this, "OH! We'll already be in PA why not run a marathon while we're there?"

God has blessed me with an amazing man who just smiles at my crazy ideas and goes along with it. He's the one who now has to drive a gazillion miles all over the Eastern seaboard just so that his wife can cross Pennsylvania off her #50marathons50states list. 

God has also blessed me with amazing best friends who are driving 5 hours, with two kids and one in utero, to watch my kids so that I can run said marathon. They are also bringing homemade cookies and muffins. Am I not the luckiest girl ever?

And if that wasn't enough, my husband's amazing Aunt & Uncle agreed to drive to Pittsburgh to pick up my race packet for me and deliver it to my in-laws.   

Clearly, it takes a village for a runner to run a marathon. 

And I couldn't be more thankful for my village. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey !
    We want to send you a free pair of shoes, we ask you to run an independent test of Airia One. We also respectfully request that you do a write up about your run for your readers as a review of your experience. We have spotted your blog. We are also passionate about running.

    Airia Running (www.airiarunning.com), the Swedish company behind the fastest running shoe - Airia One. It’s not just a marketing claim - rigorous testing shows that 8 out of 10 runners run faster in Airia One running shoes (shaving anywhere from 1% to 7% off their run time).
    Please try a long distance race to really feel the difference of running in Airia One. I’m emphasizing the racing part because it’s really important that you actually race in them. We spent decades engineering and designing Airia One to specifically be the best running shoe - and you are a runner and an early adopter. You are the real life chance to test our years of work. I am counting on you to push both yourself and Airia One to the limit.
    Please send me your shipping address and shoe size.
    When we receive your address and shoe size we will ship your free pair of Airia One.
    I really hope you take me up on this offer/challenge and have your best run ever.
    Kind regards,
    Marina
    Airiarunning.com
    m.gorodishcheva@promodo.com

    ReplyDelete