About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Product Review: Jawbone UP MOVE

There's been a little drama. Strictly, a #firstworldproblem but aggravating nonetheless.

My Jawbone UP 24 is dead.

That's the second one in less then a year. 

This time, instead of waiting 6-8 weeks for a 24 that would probably die within a few months, I opted for the Jawbone UP MOVE.


Initially, I was skeptical about the clip but I have found that it stays put and is very convenient to wear during a run. I wear a GPS watch while running, so I had to put my bracelet in a pocket and I was always worried that I was going to lose it.

The MOVE has a few less features then the 24. There's no idle alert, smart alarm, or power nap feature. It does, however, have an LED display that lets you know how close you are to your step goal as well as the time of day. The battery life is reported to be about 6 months and then you replace it with a new battery purchased at any big box store.  

You can also wear the MOVE as a bracelet, which is cool unless you have one hand like I do, which then makes the bracelet pretty useless. I almost started crying to the poor Jawbone customer service lady (it had been a long day) who handled it very gracefully. Thankfully, I have a wonderful husband who puts it on for me when I ask.    

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the MOVE. It does everything that I need it do and I am still enamored with the Jawbone App. Though, I will admit that I miss the power nap feature and had actually initiated the idle alert the day the bracelet died, so that's a bummer.

I was debating whether or not to upgrade to the UP2 or UP3 but will probably just stick to the MOVE until it meets its demise. 



No comments:

Post a Comment