About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

50k Training: week 3

2.

2 miles. That's all I ran this week. It wasn't even a full 2 miles, it was more of a ridiculous fast walk where I grimaced and clenched my teeth the whole time.

My knee is better but still not 100%. We've been on vacation so I haven't been able to go see a Doctor so I've been icing it and resting it as much as a mother of 2 on vacation can rest.

I'm not going to lie, I'm not really handling this well. It's been awhile since I've taken this much time off and to do it during training isn't sitting well. Thinking about all the miles I'm missing and the days disappearing - ugh.

I keep trying to remind myself that I went into training with a good base already established. That this is just a setback and everything will be fine. Then I imagine the giant woods on the giant mountain that I'm supposed to run in and my stomach drops. Under the best circumstances I was going to be out of my element; missing a week or more is just frightening.

All I can do is wait it out and hope it gets better soon. I'm not sure what I'm going to do if it doesn't. 

Week 4

Mon: 0    Tues: 2    Wed: 4    Thurs: 6    Fri: 0    Sat: 14    Sun: 8    Total: 34

No comments:

Post a Comment