About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Did you know I love avocados & I don't drink enough water?

In my quest to share more of myself with you, my fabulous readers, I am participating in a fitness survey link up with Sara from She Cooks, She Crafts, She Runs. Read on dear friends.


1. What did you eat for breakfast? 
Right now I'm all about the smoothies. Green, fruity, with juice, not with juice. I like them all. It's smoothie madness at my house.

2. How much water do you drink a day? 
Not nearly as much as I should. I try to finish at least 1 Nalgene, which is 32 oz, a day. On a super duper good day I'll finish 2. This does not count liquids I consume while running because I figure I lose all that through sweat

3. What is your current favorite workout? I run. Although recently I've started strength training and have been enjoying it. I am currently broken up with yoga (not it's fault but mine) and am hoping to reconcile soon.

4. How many calories do you eat a day? oh goodness. I have no idea. Too many probably.

5. What are your favorite healthy snacks? anything with hummus. I love avocados and will use any excuse to eat one. I adore fruit. I use graze, which is a home delivery company, to keep me on track. 

6. What do you usually eat for lunch? It depends on what I have in the house and how motivated I am to make something. I do tuna w/ avocado regularly and egg sandwiches with spinach and cheese. Pinterest is great for healthy, easy lunch options.

7. What is your favorite body part to strength train? Arms. Running takes care of my legs.

8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train? Arms. It's a love/hate kind of thing.

9. What are your “bad” food cravings? Cookies. Ice Cream. Chocolate. Sugary coffee specialty drinks. French fries.

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? Yes. I take a daily vitamin, vitamin C in the winter, and glucosamine when I can remember. 

11. How often do you eat out? During the school year not very often - once a week maybe? During the summer, we tend to eat out for lunch more often.

12. Do you eat fast food? Yes *hides face in shame* Not as much as some but more then I'd like. I'm working on it.

13. Who is your biggest supporter? My husband. The poor man has sat on more sidelines and driven me to more races then I can count. He is a keeper.

14. Do you have a gym membership? Yes.

15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night? 5-6 maybe? Stinking Netflix sucks me and I can't get off the couch.

16. Do you have a “cheat” day? If I've been good during the week I'll usually let go a little on Saturdays after my long runs.

17. Do you drink alcohol? No.

18. Do you have a workout buddy? I try to meet a friend at the gym once or twice a week and I run with another friend once a week.

19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle? I can fit into my clothes :)

20. What was the last healthy thing you did? Went out for a run. 

21. What are your favorite shoes to work out in? Right now I'm wearing Altra Zero Drops for running and a retired pair of Asics for the gym.

22.  Photo of your favorite workout outfit. Nike hat, BCG tank, Nike compression shorts, Puma socks, and Altra Zero Drop sneakers.



A BIG thanks to Sara for the opportunity to share a little bit more about myself. Check out what Sara and others had to share about themselves at She cooks, She crafts, She Runs Fitness Survey Linkup!

No comments:

Post a Comment