About Me

My photo
mother. marathoner. blogger. reader.

Thursday, May 7, 2015

I ran a marathon and then spent a lot of money

Over the years, I have discovered that the days following a marathon can be dangerous. You feel invincible. Triumphant. You look around and try to figure out how to act like a normal human being but you can't because you just ran FREAKING 26.2 miles! 


You do crazy things. Wear your medal to bed. Wear flip flops to your daughter's soccer game because your feet still hurt but you're really just looking for a way to tell someone why your feet hurt in the first place. Sign up for another race before you can even walk down the stairs like a normal person. Or if you already have too many races to run, you go shopping! Smart phones are really wonderful little things. Not only do they keep you connected to the world but they allow you to buy running gear from the comfort of your car during an 11 hour drive home. It would probably be a lot cheaper if I just stopped running.  

In a haze of post marathon madness, I bought this..


    
and these...


and then these...


In my defense, the vest was an early birthday present from my Dad (Thanks Dad!), the socks are an early Father's Day gift for my husband, and the sandals are my Mother's Day gift. I CAN NOT wait for UPS to show its face!

I am ridiculously excited to review these goodies for you! It's going to be a fun couple of weeks around here and then training for Outrageous October* begins! 

*Outrageous October is going to be my attempt at running 2 marathons 2 weeks apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment